I've made some custom mods to two files in the FogBugz 7.3.3 source (essentially carrying forward changes I've had since v5). I went to rebuild the application after making these changes to the latest build today, but I got this error:
"error CS1548: Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'e:\fogbugz\website\bin\FogBugz.dll' -- 'Access is denied.'
I've tried doing the following to work around it:
- Obviously, before starting, I suspended the WWW publishing service.
- Deleted FogBugz.dll before running build.bat
- Granted "Everyone" "Full Control" over the FogBugz folder tree (and immediately removed it when it didn't work)
- Removed the token -keyfile:".\accessories\FogCreek.snk" from the batch file.
- Copied the previous .snk file from the archived V7.2 folder.
- Checked this forum, StackOverflow, and MSDN for more information.
- Turned around three times, patted my dog, and shouted a magical incantation using short Anglo-Saxon words I'd rather not repeat here.
The behavior was consistent after each test.
The server is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64. IF it matters, the only thing that changed on the server since I applied this procedure to FogBugz 7.2 is that I've installed the .NET Fx 4.0.
The application works fine, but I like my little mods, and they're too idiosyncratic to elevate to a formal feature request.