Some of our user names are just ridiculous. It's also something that I can't change.
Let's take Miles Davis, for example:
- His user name is MDavis. That's not bad at all.
- Seeing a report with MDavis let's me know that Miles is on the project pretty reasonably.
- Assigning a case to Miles isn't that hard either, as long as I remember that his last name is Davis.
Now let's look at John Coltrane:
- John's user name is X15439c03
- Seeing a report with X15439c03 doesn't really help me know who's working on it. Especially compared to X154*4*9c03.
- Assigning a case to X15439c03 is frustrating.
- First of all, even if I have the exact nonsensical string memorized, there's still a good chance I'll mistype it without even realizing it.
- Second of all, this makes it a real pain to assign it someone out of your normal circle.
- Can we get some kind of nick name field or firstname and lastname fields for users?
- Can we use the nick name or first+last in the Assigned To field and reports?